Frequently Asked Questions
Need some additional information about what we do and how we do it? Have a look at our FAQ's. We will keep them updated, so if the answer to your question is not here, drop us a line and we can add it to the list!
What is a BAS Agent and what are BAS Agent Services?
A BAS Agent is issued a licence by the Tax Practitioners Board that says they can:
- Advise a client, provide certainty to a client or represent that client to the tax office in relation to:
- All GST matters
- All Wine Tax, Fuel Tax, Luxury Car Tax matters
- Payment of FBT
- All aspects of Payroll that relate to the withholding of tax amounts and the reporting of that amount to the employee and the Tax office
- All aspects of other PAYG Withholding amounts: ie no ABN, Interest and Dividend
- All aspects of the payment of income tax via PAYG Installments
- Prepare and lodge Taxable Payments Annual Report
- All aspects of Superannuation Guarantee application, ascertaining and lodgement
What does this mean?
A registered BAS Agent may:
- Design and set up compliance systems
These tasks cannot legally be done by a bookkeeper who is not a registered BAS Agent.
- - Advise the client on how the above areas of law effect them
- Review a client's operations in relation to these areas of law and provide certainty to that client that they are getting it right.
At Laurus Bookkeeping, we take the privacy of our clients and their business records seriously. All Laurus staff sign confidentiality and privacy documents as a condition of their employment.
When we engage with our clients, we use a letter of engagement which also talks about Privacy and our commitment to you.